Friday, April 10, 2009

WARNING, not for the faint of heart














WARNING, not for the faint of heart (anybody without kids...). I have mixed emotions about this. Sad my little girl got injured, happy that it wasn't worse and it was the first urgent accident in nine years of having kids. I was surprised at how calm I was. This is probably nothing to many of the experienced parents out there. I was glad to be home when it happened. Marina was playing with sisters and sat back on the corner of an end table. It has merciless corners and has limited accessibility because of it. But she managed to bang into it regardless. She was a real trooper and wanted her daddy for a blessing. The "sterile suture staples" were in before she could take two breaths. KC Fletcher came to my rescue to watch all my other kids (and an extra) while I took Marina in to urgent care. Sisters welcomed her back with tissue-wrapped toys. It's all good and I hope that future accidents turn out so positively. We are blessed indeed.





1 comment:

  1. oooh! poor marina! those end tables can be mean ol' things. what a trooper she was. will we get to see those staples on sunday?

    ReplyDelete